2015-2016 Mellichamp Travel Funds Announcement
Mellichamp Travel Funds for UCSB graduate students with research projects on Iran, 2015-2016
The Iranian Studies Initiative will provide 3 travel grants, each for around $350. Students wishing to travel to conferences to present a paper, to organize a session, or to undertake library research or fieldwork in Iranian Studies may apply. Ph.D. students have preference, but applications from M.A. students may also be considered. This grant may be used in conjunction with any other travel grant.
Travel may take place anytime in the academic year 2015-2016.
Please send an email to Janet Afary (email@example.com) with the following information:
1. What conference are you attending? When and where is the conference being held? Why is it important that you attend this conference?
2. In what capacity are you participating in this conference? Are you presenting a paper (provide title, abstract, and date of presentation), chairing a session or serving as discussant (provide title of your panel)?
3. What library are you visiting? Or what type of fieldwork in Iranian Studies are you conducting?
4. Have you received this particular Travel Award before? If so, please list all the years you have and names of conferences you attended.
5. What year are you in your degree program? When do you expect to complete your (as appropriate) MA degree? Doctoral Exam? PhD degree?
6. Please give the name(s) of your main faculty advisor(s)
7. The deadline for applications is Tuesday February 2, 2016